If you don't have gluten free flour, use coconut flour. Using a semi-ripe avocado works well. Cooked for 20 min in an 8x8 baking pan. NO MORE. Cook for less time for more gooey brownies. Use high quality baking chocolate for to satisfy the chocolate needs. Guittard and Ghiradelli are two easily found brands.
16 - 1 brownie each
Nonstick cooking spray
1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup gluten-free flour or coconut flour
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
6. Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
8. Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. - I updated to 20 min.
9. Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
You may see some green specks/bumps if the avocado isn't smashed fully.
Beach Body Blog